1. What information do we collect?
As part of providing products and services to you, we may collect information, including personal information, about you, your spouse, your dependents, or your business when you use our services.
Personal information is data that can be used to identify you, your spouse, or your dependents individually. The information we may collect includes, but is not limited to:
• Contact Information (e.g., name, phone number, address, and email address);
• Social Security number and other government identification numbers (e.g., EIN, Driver’s License Number and ITIN);
• Date of Birth;
• Financial Information (e.g., income, revenue, assets, credits, deductions, expenses, and bank account information);
• Payment Data (e.g., checking, debit and credit card account numbers, balances and payment history);
• Health Information (e.g., health insurance status and financial information related to payment for healthcare services);
• Geo-Location Information;
• Website, Mobile Application, and Email Usage Data;
• Device Information (e.g., internet protocol (IP) address, device type, unique identifier, app version, operating system, network data, and phone state);
• Login Information; and
• Demographic Information.
2. Where do we get this information?
You provide most of the information we collect. We also receive information through certain digital technologies when you interact with us. Finally, other companies and government entities may share information with us.
3. How do we use your information?
We use your information to provide you the products and services you request. We may also use your information, as permitted by law, including: to service and report on your account; offer you relevant information, products, or services; and enhance our products and services. These activities may be performed by us or a service provider acting on our behalf.
• Offer you products and services.
• Geo-Location Uses.
• Mobile Devices.
• Unique Identifiers.
• Calculators and Tools.
4. Who do we share your information with?
The privacy and security of your information is important to us. We do not sell or rent your information (including your social security number). We may share your information to support the products and services you request or provide you information on products and services that may benefit you. We may also share your information as permitted by law or with your additional consent.
• Communications with the IRS and State Taxing Authorities. The IRS and state taxing authorities may require or request we disclose certain personal and system information in order to process or electronically file your tax return. This information may include, but is not limited to, your name, Social Security number, IP addresses, unique device identifiers, bank account numbers, and tax return preparation user activity metrics (e.g., time to complete the tax return).The IRS and state taxing authorities may require or request we disclose certain personal and system information in order to process or electronically file your tax return. This information may include, but is not limited to, your name, social security number, IP addresses, unique device identifiers, bank account numbers, and tax return preparation user activity metrics (e.g., time to complete the tax return).
• Persons Who Acquire Our Assets or Business. If we sell or transfer any of our business or assets, certain information about our clients may be a part of that sale or transfer. In the event such sale or transfer results in a material change to this Privacy Notice, we will notify you. The notification procedure will be the same as the procedure we use to notify you of a change to this Privacy Notice as described below.
• Responses to Legal Requests. We may disclose your information when we have a good faith belief that such disclosure is required or permitted by law pursuant to a legal request. This may occur in connection with a court order, legal process, or other judicial, administrative or investigative proceeding that produces a request for information from us. In certain situations, we may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
• Protection of SBC Solutions LLC and Others. We may disclose your information when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect your rights and safety, the rights and safety of others, or our rights and safety. We may disclose your information to proper federal, state, or local officials in order to, and only to the extent necessary, inform the official of activities that may constitute, or may have constituted, a violation of any criminal law or to assist the official in investigating or prosecuting a violation of criminal law. As permitted by law, we may disclose your information to the IRS and Information Sharing and Analysis Centers (ISACs) for the prevention of stolen identity refund fraud (SIRF) and as related to potential cyber security threats.
5. How do we respond to web browser “do not track” signals?
We treat the data of everyone who comes to our websites in accordance with this Privacy Notice, whatever their "do not track" setting. While we do not respond to web browser "do not track" signals, we give you choices about receiving promotional offers from us or third-parties. You can exercise your choices as described in this Privacy Notice.
6. How do we secure your information?
The security of your personal information is important to us. We utilize administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect your information. We protect information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. Nevertheless, no method of transmission over the Internet,
or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure.
Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable law and federal standards and that are designed to restrict access to your information. These safeguards include programs and specifications for physical security and records retention and disposal; computer and communication security measures reflected in system design, password protection, and data management practices; and other measures to restrict access to the data we hold in physical and electronic forms.
If we collect sensitive information (such as your social security number), we will encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
If we share your information with our service providers, we require all service providers to have written contracts that specify appropriate use of your personal information, require them to safeguard your personal information, and prohibit them from making unauthorized or unlawful use of your personal information.
7. How long do we keep your information?
In accordance with applicable laws, we keep your information for as long as needed to serve you, maintain your account, as needed to operate our business, or to improve our offerings or develop new ones.
We retain your information (including geo-location data) for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We may retain or use your information as necessary to comply with our policies, legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
The IRS requires us to retain filed tax returns for a period of at least three years.
It is our policy that if you start, but do not complete, a tax return in our online tax programs, we will generally keep the tax return information you provide until the end of that tax season, after which it will be deleted from our system.
For more information, please see the "Updating or deleting your information" section of this Privacy Notice.
8. Third-party products and services, including social media features
This Privacy Notice does not apply to products or services offered by third-parties on or through our services (such as bank partners who offer Refund Transfers). You will be able to recognize when a business partner is associated with your transaction when its logo appears or is shown with our logo. You should carefully read the privacy notices and any terms and conditions applicable to such third-party products or services. When you request products or services from such companies, you give us permission to provide these third-parties with information about you necessary to fulfill or process your request.
Our services may contain links to third-party websites or offers for services from third-parties. This Privacy Notice does not apply to these products or services. You should carefully read the privacy notices of the third-parties providing such products or services and any terms and conditions applicable to such products or services.
Your use of social media features may use scripting or may require us to share your IP address and which page you are visiting to enable the feature to function properly. Social media features and widgets are either hosted by a third-party or hosted directly on our site, and your interactions with these features are governed by the privacy notice of the company providing it. Examples of these features are the Facebook "Like" button, the "Share This" button, and interactive mini-programs that run on our services.
If you have questions or concerns regarding this Privacy Notice, contact us by clicking here, by calling 336-860-8870, or by mail through the mailing address PO Box 1916 Jamestown, NC 27282.
PRIVACY NOTICE UPDATES
We may update this Privacy Notice to reflect changes to our information practices. If we make a material change to this Privacy Notice, including a material change in the way we use any personal information collected, we will notify you by using one of the following methods at least thirty (30) days prior to the effective date of such change: (1) we will post a notice on our website describing the change; or (2) we will send you an email notifying you of the change.
This Privacy Notice is effective April 8, 2020.